Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes He Allows The Storms To Rage

I have lived on the Gulf Coast my entire life, and I have been through many tropical storms and hurricanes.  The most recent is Hurricane Isaac, and it was by far the longest storm I have ever experienced.  Many of us in Louisiana pondered and wondered if the raging wind and rain would ever cease.

As I reflect on the recent days, I am left pondering my life.  Many times the storms of life have raged with no end in sight. And we are left wondering why the storms in life will not cease. A wise friend of mine once shared with me that God sometimes calms the storms of life, but other times He allows the storms to rage, so He can calm His child.

Are you in the midst of a hurricane of life, right now?  Has God calmed  it or is He trying to calm you?

No comments:

Post a Comment